Call 911 if you want to live
Your Subtitle text


If you have severe and diffuse blockages in most of your coronary arteries  your cardiologist may recommend coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG).

The surgery uses a piece of a vein from the leg or an artery from the chest or wrist. The surgeon attaches this to the coronary artery above and below the narrowed area or blockage. This allows blood to bypass the blockage. Some people need more than one bypass.

Image source - NHLBI